RE: timeout setting.

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:54:01 -0800

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08743.3CD2A410

        charset="iso-8859-1"

Option 1: Take a look at the Net8 Administrator guide. There is a a paramer in the sqlnet.ora file called "sqlnet.expire_time" that "determines time interval to send a probe to verify the session is alive".

Option 2: In the Oracle 8 Administrator's guide, you should read chapter 23: Managing Users and Resources, and in the SQL Reference manual, the description of the Create Profile command. You create a profile and assign the profile to a user with the alter user command. An example of some of the items you can set in a profile (copied from the SQL Reference Manual) CPU_PER_SESSION - limits the CPU time for a session, expressed in hundredth of seconds.
CPU_PER_CALL - limits the CPU time for a call (a parse, execute, or fetch), expressed in hundredths of seconds.
CONNECT_TIME - limits the total elapsed time of a session, expressed in minutes.
IDLE_TIME - limits periods of continuous inactive time during a session, expressed in minutes. Long-running queries and other operations are not subject to this limit.

any ignorant comments made are the sole responsibility of J. R. Kilchoer and should not reflect adversely upon my employer.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, California 92618
U.S.A.
http://www.quest.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08743.3CD2A410

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: timeout setting.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Ajay Khandelwal [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:ajay_at_tems.com">mailto:ajay_at_tems.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: jeudi, 25. janvier 2001 13:59</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Is there any way I can set time out for a user =
session.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Option 1: Take a look at the Net8 Administrator =
guide. There is a a paramer in the sqlnet.ora file called = &quot;sqlnet.expire_time&quot; that &quot;determines time interval to = send a probe to verify the session is alive&quot;.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Option 2: In the Oracle 8 Administrator's guide, you =
should read chapter 23: Managing Users and Resources, and in the SQL = Reference manual, the description of the Create Profile command. You = create a profile and assign the profile to a user with the alter user = command. An example of some of the items you can set in a profile = (copied from the SQL Reference Manual)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>CPU_PER_SESSION - limits the CPU time for a session, =
expressed in hundredth of seconds.&nbsp; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>CPU_PER_CALL - limits the CPU time for a call (a =
parse, execute, or fetch), expressed in hundredths of seconds.&nbsp; =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>CONNECT_TIME - limits the total elapsed time of a =
session, expressed in minutes.&nbsp; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>IDLE_TIME - limits periods of continuous inactive =
time during a session, expressed in minutes. Long-running queries and = other operations are not subject to this limit.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>any ignorant comments made are the sole =
responsibility of J. R. Kilchoer and should not reflect adversely upon = my employer.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Jacques R. Kilchoer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(949) 754-8816</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Quest Software, Inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>8001 Irvine Center Drive</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Irvine, California 92618</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>U.S.A.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://www.quest.com" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.quest.com</A></FONT> Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 20:54:01 CST