Re: what is !oerr

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:11:47 -0500

Leslie,
The ! (bang) in oracle is the command to execute the next information on = the host machine. In this case you are telling Oracle to ecsape to the = host and run the command "oerr ora 8106" which will give the description = of the Oracle error ORA8106.
ROR m=AA=BF=AAm

>>> leslie_y_lu_at_yahoo.com 01/25/01 11:25AM >>>
Hi,

In one of the listers' email, I saw this:

SQL> !oerr ora 8106
SQL> show error description

but when I execute this in SQL Plus, I got the following:
SQL> !oerr ora 8106
SP2-0042: unknown command beginning "!oerr ora ..." - rest of line ignored.

In which tool can you issue !oerr command. Also are there any other ways to show error description than going through Oracle Documentation? =20

Thank you in advance.

Leslie

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.=20 http://auctions.yahoo.com/=20
--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Leslie Lu
  INET: leslie_y_lu_at_yahoo.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 14:11:47 CST