Performance manager in OEM on NT4.0 - cannot connect -please help

From: Viraj Luthra <viraj999_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:27:08 +1000

Hello every one,

I need help here.

I installed the OEM and I can login in OEM using sysman as the user id. But once I get there, it displays me the "Databases" folder. If I click on it it shows me 2 sub folders:-

  1. ntserver.world
  2. kogarah_ntserver.world (my oracle sid is "Kogarah")

If I click on 1st one, it takes me to a "connect database" dialog box, where in I try to connect using the user id and password which has DBA priviliges. But I get the following error:-

"SID given in connect description could not be resolved"

2. If click on the second one above, that is, "kogarah_ntserver.world", then it takes me to the connect dialog box and after giving in the user id and password, it gives me the following error:-

"ORA- 12560 - TNS Protocol adaptor error"

Please help, as I need to get into Perfromance Manager, which I believe coems after I have successfully connected to the database, and then it will be displayed.

Any pointers please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Raja

The tnsnames.ora file looks like :-

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: D:\orant\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

KOGARAH =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ntserver)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = Kogarah)

    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)