Re: PL/SQL vs Java Stored Procedure

From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:05:32 -0700

Arul kumar wrote:

Oracle's JVM is generally much slower than PL/SQL for string handling (unless you NCOMP the class.) If performance is a concern, you may want to try C or run the class in an external JVM with a JIT.

For more info, refer to the article:

http://www.interealm.com/orageeks/technotes/larry/languages.html

--Roby