Bytes Used Inside an Extent

From: Peter Barnett <pnbarne_at_shep.bcbso.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:37:35 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone have a script to determine the bytes actually used by an extent? We are using locally managed tablespaces with uniform extents for a warehouse. Once the tables are loaded, they will be static until they are reloaded.

Just running the math, I have am pretty sure that the last extent (4M in size) is near empty for most of the tables. I would like to be able to look into that last extent and confirm my suspicions.

Thanks,

Pete Barnett
Oracle Database Administrator
Regence BlueCross BlueShield
pnbarne_at_regence.com Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 09:37:35 CST