LMTs and OPEN_CURSORS

From: Tirumala, Surendra HS <surendra.tirumala_at_hs.utc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:48:16 -0500

Hi,

Can you please share your experiences with LMTs(migrated).

I have been migrating my tablespaces to LM. I faced export failures giving EXP-0003(no definition found for rollback segment).
When I contacted Support, they said there is no fix for this problem until 9i
and advised me to either drop and create the rollback segments or migrate the RBS ts back to Dict managed.I migrated back and it worked.

And with other database, export failed saying max open_cursors exceeded. When I queried the v$open_cursor view, it showed around 243(my parameter setting is 250) cursors opened.
I suspect it's showings.Entry is there even for 'select * from dual'; Ofcourse it has to open a cursor in memory for everything, but it closes it after completion of that task.

can anyone clarify regarding this view's purpose and how to exactly tract opened cursors so that we can set an appropriate parameter value.

Anyway I had to bouce the database to get the cursors released, ( no entries in v$open_cursor).

Still my export got failed.
and as a try i migrated the tablespaces back to Dict managed and the export finished on success note. Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 10:48:16 CST