Re: getting data from an access MDB file into Oracle

From: Oliver Artelt <oli_at_md.transnet.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:46:36 +0100

Yep, but he want a #simple# solution. Another way were to create a new mdb hang the mdb- and oracle-tables into there, build queries (that do the copying stuff) execute them in the autostart macro and start this mdb nightly. But that I'm not saying here because he want not a complicate solution .-)

oli.

On Wednesday 24 January 2001 22:45, mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk wrote:
> I think there is a way of getting Access to actually push the data up to an
> Oracle database via ODBC. Something to do with creating a TransferDatabase
> macro that takes each table and exports it directly to the Oracle database.
>
> Never tested it mind, so not sure if it works how Micro$lop says it
> should.. But its there in the help file if you take a look..
>
> HTH
>
> Mark

---