RE: System running slow

From: <dieter.oberkofler_at_chello.at>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:46:37 +0100

Hi Mitchell!

As others already mentioned, I would also start by finding the session and statements that consume the most resources.

Having a look to the virtual tables v$sesstat and v$sqlarea is always a good start to see where the problems might came from.

You might also want to have a look at a shareware tool I'm offering named Top100 that can be found at http://www.materialdreams.com/products.html and can help you in identifying the statements you need to tune.

Regards

DO

email: info_at_materialdreams.com
web: www.materialdreams.com

Here's something you can do easily:

Use Top Session (comes with Enterprise Manager), find the session using the most resources, click on its properties, view its SQL, and tell the guy to get off the system, or tune his SQL.

The short answer, hope it helps.

Yosi

Author: Mitchell
  INET: mitchell_at_comnet.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 16:46:37 CST