Sys Admin tool and where is OralceStart<sid> service - NT

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:23:00 +0100

Hi Folks,

I'm running 8i Rel8 PE on NT Workstation and when running the "Oracle Administration Assistant" tool I can't see any processes for the Oracle.Exe. I've checked that they were started in Alert log and that they do actually exist using SQL script. I'm following instructions to use as per manual. Anyone any idea's what might be wrong, and no NT jibes pleez.

Also I've noticed there's no OracleStart<sid> service which I used to have on 8i Rel 1 same machine. The OracleStart<sid> does not seem to be referenced in the documentation either. Anyone know if it's been obsoleted and where I can read more about this?

Sean :)

Rookie Data Base Administrator
[0%] OCP Oracle8 DBA
[0%] OCP Oracle8i DBA
[0%] OCP Oracle9i DBA

Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

Visit: http://www.egroups.com/group/Oracle-OCP-DBA

"They tell me nothing, but expect me to know everything!" Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 03:23:00 CST