Host variable

From: Nosie <tekait11_at_bni.co.id>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:04:20 +0700

Dear DBAs,

I have no idea what host variable is for. Can you tell me what? All I know is that we have to use ":" appended in front of host variable name, assign it and display it using print (after serveroutput set on). But I do not understand further use of it.

Suppose that I build an application using VB which executes a function that return a value. How can I get/catch the returned value to my VB variable. I need your help to figure this out, even in different programming language than VB.

Much thanks in advance. Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 07:04:20 CST