Event 10032 and setting sort_area_size

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:04:43 -0000

Hi,

I have a batch job that is run regularly that analyses indexes and rebuilds those that meet certain criteria.
This is 815 on NT with indexes set to a parallel degree of default.

Using Ixora's disk_sorts script, I found that this job did 53 disk sorts, average size of 12583K with a peak concurrent of 30.

Based on advice in the December 2000 Ixora news, I thought I would try setting event 10032.

This is where I have run into some problems - I am not very familiar with setting events and used the following syntax: alter session set events '10032 trace name context forever, level 1';

I then ran my script - a trace file got produced and it seemed to contain the right sort of information.

However, the rebuild index commands failed with an insufficient privileges error:
ERRORMESSAGE:ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P014 ORA-01031:
insufficient privileges

The script works ok if I have not tried to set this event.

Is this a problem in how I have tried to set the event or in something else.

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon
mailto:bruce.reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 18:04:43 CST