Re: [cannot connect]

From: S Jayakumar <sjayakumar2000_at_usa.net>
Date: 21 Jan 2001 12:19:45 MST

Orapwd utility is used to set no of DBA accounts allowed on that databas= e &
password for sys account. Have U changed sys user password or set no of =

allowed DBA accounts to 0 or something ?. Try connecting using svrmgr a= s
follows.

  1. login as the default os user account who owns oracle . ( must be oracl= e on unix )
  2. start server manager.
  3. svrmgr> connect internal;

must connect this time. Other wise check up what unix user login u have l= ooged
into . If not oracle account, then connect internal won't work.

Jay

archana_at_smart-Tech.com.np wrote:
hi..

I am a novice in oracle, I try connect using internal and it gives an err= or
Insufficient privileges.
this error came up after I used orapwd utility.. can anyone suggest anything.

thanks
archana
-- =

-- =

Author: =

  INET: archana_at_smart-Tech.com.np

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D= 1

 From: "Mitchell" <mitchell_at_comnet.ca>
 Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:49:22 -0500
 Subject: Re: [cannot connect]

I have another question related to this

I run following test.sh and could be run and create log at shell but when I setup this as cron job. if carried on at /var/cron/log (this is Solairo 2.7)
but never create log as at command line. What is wrong Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 13:19:45 CST