RE: SQL QUERY TIME

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:37:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Wayne,

The only view in Oracle that could record this info is v$session_longops and the column is START_TIME. But it's been quite buggy at least up to 8.1.6. It also has some prerequisite to have such info recorded. Look at http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76961/ch3140.htm#12904.

This information is not in v$transaction unless the query creates a transaction (select for update, distributed query).

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

> Is there any way to find out when a currently active query actually
> started
> running? I know Logon_Time on V$SESSION tells me how long they are
> connected,
> but I don't want that. And I know that First_Load_Time on V$SQLAREA
> points me
> toward the first time that a particular SQL_TEXT was executed by ANY user
> since
> DB startup, but I don't want that either.
>
> Any help would surely be appreciated.
>
> Wayne Bellefeuille

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 16:37:36 CST