Re: OT- Where will these job duties will take me?

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:28:39 -0600

Rajendra,

This sounds like a pretty interesting job description. Doing this kind of work would lead you to learn a lot of new things. Nothing like trouble-shooting to expose you to a lot of unchartered territory.

Also, you'd no doubt come in contact with lots of users, developers, clients, etc. Hopefully, you would enjoy that. You'd need to be patient and tactful and able to extract information from people.

This would probably be a high-pressure situation where you would often have to drop what you're doing and jump onto the problem right away and fix it while people are waiting. Sometimes it can be frustrating when you can't fix something right away.

I think this sort of job would be good if you feel suited to these facets of it. It's definitely a step above general DBA or developer work.

Best of luck to you. Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 08:28:39 CST