8i remote arch destinations...

From: Anjan Thakuria <Anjan.Thakuria_at_sabre.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:16:20 -0600

Listers,

Can you please help me with this.

 Is there a feature built in 8i that will delete the archive logs once thay have been applied to a standby database?

 Also if the remote standby db is also a location for the archive logs will RMAN delete the arch logs on the
 standby server backed up?..

TIA Anjan

 From: S Jayakumar <sjayakumar2000_at_usa.net>  Date: 19 Jan 2001 08:24:01 MST
 Subject: Re: [delete hangs]

the where condition U R giving for deletion may not use any of the three indexes & may lead to a full table scan until the row is found(which may = take
a long time - seems to be hanging). Please check Ur indexes.

Jay

"Manivannan.M" <manivannan.m_at_tatainfotech.com> wrote: Hi Gurus,

The problem that I am facing is that there is a table with 45 lakh record= s
and the table has three indexes.Trying to delete a record from the table hangs.

rgds,
Manivannan

                                        Manivannan Muthukrishnan.

----
ADDRESS: E-MAIL: 68/4, Site no:3, manivannan.m_at_tatainfotech.com 80 Feet road, = (opp) Deccan Studio, Indiranagar, PHONE: Bangalore - 560038. 5284681 Ext: 464

     =

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- =

Author: Manivannan.M
  INET: manivannan.m_at_tatainfotech.com