Change Licensing Parameters

From: Walter K <alden14004_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:44:23 -0800

Hi,

I was playing with the licensing parameters (init.ora) today and I don't seem to be having any luck trying to change the values. By the way, this is just a play database (NT/Win2000 v8.1.7 EE)

Currently, the database reports that I have the following values:

    license_max_sessions 14
    license_sessions_warning 15
    license_max_users 298

I did not set the above values, they were there after creation of the database. I cannot change any of these values (up or down) dynamically with ALTER SYSTEM, even though I am supposed to be able to, nor did I have any success changing them (up or down) in the init.ora file and restarting the database.

Any suggestions? I downloaded the database executables from Technet--is this the problem?

Thanks!
-w

Do You Yahoo!?