Using OEM with a Sun station

From: DEMANCHE Luc (Cetelem) <luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:34:13 +0100

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08203.7F45A0DA

        charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi,
We are doing some tests with OMS 2.1 on Sun. We installed OMS and a OEM interface on a Sun server called A. All dbas are working on Sun stations, and our SA doesn't want to install a OEM interface on each = Sun
station.
When a dba wants to work with OEM, he has to open a terminal connection on server "A" with the oracle software owner, and the DISPLAY on our station, invoking OEM. We tried to share the ORACLE_HOME directory from the server "A" to the Sun station and then invoke OEM locally, but we got a Java error.
Does anyone have this configuration? Is installing OEM on each Sun station our only solution ?
TIA=20

-----------------=20

Luc Demanche=20
CETELEM=20
T=E9l.: 01-46-39-14-49=20
Fax : 01-46-39-59-88=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08203.7F45A0DA

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>

5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Using OEM with a Sun station</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Hi,<BR>
We are doing some tests with OMS 2.1 on Sun. We installed OMS and a OEM = interface on a Sun server called A. All dbas are working on Sun = stations, and our SA doesn't want to install a OEM interface on each = Sun station.<BR>
When a dba wants to work with OEM, he has to open a terminal connection = on server &quot;A&quot; with the oracle software owner, and the DISPLAY = on our station, invoking OEM. We tried to share the ORACLE_HOME = directory from the server &quot;A&quot; to the Sun station and then = invoke OEM locally, but we got a Java error.<BR> Does anyone have this configuration? Is installing OEM on each Sun = station our only solution ?<BR>
TIA </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">-----------------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Luc Demanche</FONT>
<BR><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">CETELEM</FONT></I></B>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">T=E9l.: 01-46-39-14-49</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fax : 01-46-39-59-88</FONT>
</P>