OT: another startling realization / RE: The Rolling Blackouts Are Not Just Another Rock Band !!

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:53:50 -0800

I'm almost within spitting distance of the state capitol, and based on my research to date, there are indeed some real giant idiots in the legislature that were largely responsible for messing things up. However, the voters approved term limits (in order to get rid of some smart/experienced, but corrupt, legislators). At this point I'm not sure we have enough people in the legislature (or maybe governor's office?) that know what the heck they are doing to solve the long term problems properly.

Another issue: the politicians that messed things up did so at the *request of industry* back in 1996 when the california economy was in bad shape, and wasn't recovering as fast as the rest of the country. industry said they might have to leave the state (&misc. other threats/etc.) if power costs weren't brought down.

regards,
ep

ps, sorry for those disappointed by a lack of google links, didn't have time since I am still severly mired in a lan/desktop/hardware upgrade gone more or less bad. :)

On 19 Jan 2001, at 12:46, Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil wrote:

Date sent:      	Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:46:31 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil
Subject:        	RE: The Rolling Blackouts Are Not Just Another Rock Band !!