Left over datafile while creating control file

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:00:10 -0500

Hi

One of my fellow DBA while creating a control file for refresh of development database forgot to include 2 datafiles in control file script and opened database without any problem. Those 2 datafiles were containing indexes for 2 different index tablespaces. This mistake was realized after one week when some object tried to use one of indexes stored in those datafiles and resulted in ORA messages as datafile offline.

When we check data dictionery it is appearing as

126 MISSING0126
133 MISSING0133 I already moved indexes to some other tablespaces to avoid ORA messages and want to drop and recreate those tablespaces. But when I am trying to offline subject tablespace(normal/immediate) it is not allowing me to do so.

So only option remains to drop tablespace and recreate it. I need your opinion about best solution to do it specially while dropping tablespace, relevent above files will be dropped or will still give me problem.
Platform HP 10.20 Database 7.3.4.5.
Have an nice weekend to all,
Regards
Rafiq