RE: Transportable tablespace

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:07:34 -0000

What is referred to in that paper as being unsupported is because, as I recall (and I haven't read it in a while), they are using SRDF as well.

But for what you want to do, the second way I talked about (the standby that you open read-only) will work best for you -- you get to have a real backup server and have a reason for it so that management doesn't balk at the cost of having a machine "sit idle"