Re: RE: 8.1.7 slow on AIX 4.3.3

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2001 19:26:07 -0000

Hi!

I agree with Gogala!

 From 7.3.4 to 8i is an absolute

In 7.3.4 we did with 10-15M SGA
in 8i we had to 'maintain' minimum of 50M SGA (the shared_pool_size was increased
 other things kept same)
to get 'back' 7.3.4 performance!!!!

I am very curious to know if
u r also moving from RULE based optimiser (in 7.3.4) to cost based optimiser (in 8.1.7)..

Please let me know how u 'finally' solved it Thanks
------------- Original Message -------------- "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com> wrote: To:Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> From:"Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com> Date:Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:56:46 -0800
Subject:RE: 8.1.7 slow on AIX 4.3.3

  1. See if you have oracle_trace parameter enabled.
  2. Check your network setup.
  3. See whether the machine is thrashing or not.
  4. Enlist a good SA to help you out.

Author: Louis BROUILLETTE
  INET: Louis_Brouillette_at_UQTR.UQuebec.CA

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at http://bol.rediff.com

 From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>  Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:47:31 -0800
 Subject: RE: Moving table to different tablespace

alter table <table_name> move tablespace <tablespace_name>;

Beware all indexes on the table will be marked as unusable and will need to be rebuilt. I don't belive it will work with tables that contain longs or long raws, but I haven't tested that assertion.

Ian

 From: Alex Hillman <alex_hillman_at_physia.com>  Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:43:47 -0500
 Subject: RE: A 50 MB System Tablespace !? Ruminations on System Tablespac

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C08186.F92ADD60

        charset="iso-8859-1"

View definitions, stored procedures, packages, etc. are stored in the system tablespace so when one create them a lot it will require a lot of space and if they are dropped this space is not freed. Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 13:26:07 CST