RE: Off Topic: Obtaining Thousandths of A Second from the O/S (SOL ARIS)

From: <dieter.oberkofler_at_chello.at>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:50:24 +0100

Hi Ian!

I do know that Oracle offers a timer in the virtual table v$timer.

How exact this timer is on different platforms might be found in the platform depended documentation.

The command "select * from v$timer;" returns a timer in hundredths of seconds.

Cheers

DO

email: info_at_materialdreams.com
Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
  INET: ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 16:50:24 CST