RE: Replication

From: Sam P. Roberts (ZADCO ITIS) <roberts_at_zadco.co.ae>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:04:59 +0400

We used both db2 connect(from IBM) and the flat file download method on two separate systems. Believe me less stress with the FLAT FILE download method.

Download from DB2 to flat file is less elegant , yet the load scripts (with a little jigging) between DB2 and Oracle are compatible, its totally safe and reliable, and once set up you can forget about it.

Using DB2 Connect , problems with network,big db2 tables we had to download to LOCAL pc ,Then use MICROSLOP ACCESS, rows go missing, etc... this was our experience but the set up was done by the programmers, so I don't want to trash the product completely,could well have been a bit of incompetence from our guys also.

Sam

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriole.com