RE: Move oracle home

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:15:45 -0800

Yeah, found Metalink note 28433.1 which says:

"There is no straightforward way to change ORACLE_HOME on 8.1.x and still be able to apply patches or make changes with the Installer. The location of the ORACLE_HOME is stored in binaries under oraInventory, and there is no way to change these without reinstalling. The bottom line, for 8.1.x, is that ORACLE_HOME should only be changed by reinstalling."

So the question is not "Can you make it work?" but "Can you make it work and still be able to apply patches in the future?"

> about as stupid concept as the registry in windoze.
Actually it's worse because you can still hack at the registry stuff.

A day older and a little wiser...
Steve Orr

THANKS ALL! -----Original Message-----