SUN Solaris name and versions

From: Tirumala, Surendra HS <surendra.tirumala_at_hs.utc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:05:08 -0500

Hello List,

I have a long time pending doubt regarding Sun Solaris. Can anyone clear my doubts regarding the following:

  1. What all different flavours existing in SUN Solaris( SUN SPARC Solaris, SUN SPARC SunOS etc).
  2. How the versioning is maintained related to each flavour ( like 5.x and 2.x) I doubt there is any difference between 5.x and 2.x. I am just considering it as we treat Java 1.2 as Java 2.

TIA,
Surendra
OCP 8i DBA
Contractor, Hamilton Sundstrand of UTC Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 09:05:08 CST