Oracle DBA Needed in Ashville, North Carolina..

From: Orastaff <orastaff_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:25:51 -0500 (EST)

Position: Oracle DBA
Location: Ashville, North Carolina
Salary Range: 55-70K

This position is with a highly respected client that needs an Oracle DBA=20 to provide database support.=20

Responsibilities:
Install and maintain database application environments Automate maintenance, alert and recovery procedures=20 Develop and maintain Oracle applications (stand-alone or as web-backend)=20 Maintain and monitor the database backups (LEGATO)=20 Assist in monitoring and tuning ORACLE performance Work with departments to identify application requirements and put them into business context.
Train/Consult MIS personnel in basic database issues=20 Proactively monitor the database environment and identify and=20 eliminate problems=20

Requirements:
Three years of experience with Oracle database administration and=  development
Must understand basic database concepts, including the relational model,=20 normalization, data modeling.=20
Familiarity with object-oriented development concepts definitely a plus Good understanding of the principles of program development and development. Experience with one or more programming languages (ex., C, C++, Java) is mandatory
Excellent knowledge of SQL=20
Experienced in development in an SQL database environment=20 Basic knowledge of web development and HTML=20 Working knowledge of UNIX shell scripts=20 Working knowledge of network protocols and LAN/WAN networking=20

*Must be a U.S. citizen or perm. resident.

This position offers:

Please do not send your resume if you are not in the United States.

For immediate consideration, please email your resume as an attachment to:

OraStaff, Inc.
Email: orastaff_at_mindspring.com
Phone: 1-800-549-8502. (*Please do not call if you need sponsorship) Please Use Job Code: DBA/Ashville/Bostic/One Note: This is only one of the many opportunities that we have available across the U.S.=20
for candidates with Oracle skills. So if this one is not a match for you, we invite you=20
to send us your resume- as we quite possibly have the opportunity that you are seeking.

I have a referral fee policy.
So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested in the
posiition=A0described above- if it is not a match for your skills. Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 09:25:51 CST