RE: Difference: Concatenated PK - artificial PK

From: Martin Kendall <Martin.Kendall_at_Rubus.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:48:21 -0000

Hi Helmut,

I think that perhaps you have answered your own question really.

I have always found that PK's made up of just a Sequence are much more usable than concatenated keys. One can then create a Unique Key if required to control the Table Content.

Author: Helmut Daiminger
  INET: hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 05:48:21 CST