(no subject)

From: Trivedi, Hitarth <HTrivedi_at_telergy.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:43:15 -0500

Dear all,

  Does anyone uses sqllink from Intersolv? We are facing a problem in connecting to oracle database which uses sqllink. And it appears that Sqllink bypasses Oracle listener all together!! Now is it possible? All we know is that API server (Machine 1) sends request to port 4003 to sqllink server s/w. (on the database machine) Now we are able to connect in this manner (bewtween 2 different machine say m/c. 3 and m/c 4) with old version of API server, but not with the new version of API server (say m/c/ 1 and m/c 2) . We are using same configuration file for both API server as well as sqllink server s/w. Has anybody idea whether it is possible to bypass listener altogether? If yes then what configuration files/utilities we should use to check and find out and capture the exact cause of the problem. Because the error we get in API server's log is ORA 1034 (oracle not available!!)

TIA,
Regards, Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:43:15 CST