RE: URGENT: ORA-12560 error

From: Peter Lomax <plomax_at_oriole.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:10:03 +0200

Morning Volker,
Standard doc says
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
 Cause: The listener was unable to start a process connecting the user to the database server.
Actions:
Turn on tracing and re-execute the operation. Evaluate the contents of the trace file to diagnose the problem.

If you can , look at what may have changed. It worked yesterday and today not then its something that has changed. I know its obvious but...
Peter

Hi list,
I have a curious problem.
I have installed Oracle 7.3.4.5.0 and Oracle 8.1.5 on same NT 4.0 Server, SP5. I have two listeners, one for Oracle 7 and one for Oracle 8. This configuration works fine since 1,5 years, but today, after rebooting the NT server, I got the following problem:
When I start the Oracle 7 instance and listener I can connect one time to the database, but only once. If I restart sqlplus and try to connect the second time to Oracle 7 instance, I get ORA-12560 error. At the NT server I get know error in listener.log, alert.log, event protocol or system protocol.
This is very urgent, cause users are waiting for this instance. TIA
Volker Schön
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

--