DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP will release the resource?

From: Ramlal K Chithu <TS2182_at_emirates.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:09:04 +0400

Dear DBAs,

One of our process is continously running for 23 hours in a day. i.e Our process will keep looking on the incoming messages from Airline Reservation Systems. Some time, there will not be any messages , but still our process will be running. Since this process needs lots of resources (like CPU usuage and etc), we would like to change that process to suspend 5 minutes for each hour.

We think to implement this functionality by adding DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(5).

Now, our question is , Due to this Sleep Statement, will this process release all the CPU usuage so that other processes can use?

Or any idea how to test this?

Thank you DBAs Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 00:09:04 CST