index-organized tables

From: <blair_at_pjm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:16:48 -0500

We have a class of data which is very-high-volume insert, never update. We are investigating migrating those tables from regular tables to Index-organized tables.

But in IOT it seems to me that since the table is organized like an index, there might be additional load required for insert since rows must be located into the b-tree index structure instead of just appended to the end.

Anyone have any experience with IOT that they could share? Any comments on my presumption?

thanks,

..tom Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 07:16:48 CST