Passing Multiple Records

From: Mathura Dev <dmathura2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:08:31 -0800 (PST)

Listers,

We recently started converting a client's mainframe system to a web-based system using JSP (Java Server Pages) technology. We use JDBC drivers to connect to an Oracle8i database. The developers want to use stored procedures to handle inserts/updates.

My exposure to the java environment is practically nil. I'm thinking of creating stored procedures which would use static SQL statements to perform the DML operations. While this would handle single record screens I'm stumped on how to handle multi-record screens as we want to pass these records one screenful (between 10 and 15 records) at a time for manipulation.
I'm open to any suggestions.

Also, is it practical to have these DML statements as stored procedures or would it be better to have the developers code them directly in the pages.

Your thoughts are comments are welcomed.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 11:08:31 CST