RE: delete tablespace file

From: Glenn Travis <Glenn.Travis_at_wcom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:28:43 -0500

No, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it means that most (99%) of what you are ASKING for is in the buffer cache. BIG Difference. If he never queried the objects in the tablespace which is comprised of the datafile in question, then NONE of that file is in the buffer cache. (you could still have 99% cache hit ratio by querying other objects which are located elsewhere.
In this case, you are SOL trying to do physical reads on that datafile...