Re: RMAN.. Success or Failure

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:35:39 -0500

We use rman for all of our backups, production and developement. We run out developement database without archive logging and production with archivelogging. We do online backups of production and offline for development. I have recoverd from both types. Rman has many things going for it. It used Oracle's internal structure so it never has a problem with a crash during a backup cause inconsitant data.

If you have more specific questions I will be glad to answer them. Just write directly to me.
Regards,
Ruth