RE: Moving SYS.AUD$ unsupported?

From: Trassens, Christian <CTrassens_at_uni2.es>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:48:24 +0100

Rachel and Steve,

Wondering about your insistence, I extracted this of metalink ( note 72460.1) :

"Overview
This script has been tested with Oracle8i, Release 8.1.5 and should work withall Oracle8 releases. It is NOT supported because the following are NOT supported :

- Moving the SYS.AUD$ table out of the SYSTEM tablespace
- Moving the SYS.AUD$ table out of the SYS schema
- Adding triggers to the AUD$ table.

The reason the above are not supported is because the Oracle Code makes implicit assumptions about the data dictionary tables such as SYS.AUD$, which could cause problems with upgrades and backup/recovery

Regards.