external procedure listener - ORA-28576 if not started via cron

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:09:08 -0000

ORA-28576: lost RPC connection to external procedure agent

We get the above error sometimes when running an external C procedure.

However if we start the external procedure listener via a cron job with su - oracle -c we do not get the problem.

If we start the listener from the command line logged in as oracle we get the probelm

Anyone know why this is? Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 06:09:08 CST