RE: Name of controlfile trace

From: <Jorma.Vuorio_at_nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:34:15 +0200

..or if You want to do it with Sql*Plus (in Unix):

column value noprint new_value udump_dir

select value from v$parameter where name = 'user_dump_dest';

column proc noprint new_value trc_name

select a.spid proc from v$process a, v$session b where

        b.audsid = to_number(userenv('sessionid')) and
        a.addr = b.paddr;

alter database backup controlfile to trace noresetlogs;

! cp &udump_dir./ora_&trc_name..trc <file_name>

Br.
Jorma