Re: Move oracle home

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:28:00 -0500

yeppers, i couldnt find it in any of my data files either, BUT, i'm not so sure the oraInventory could byte you, its about as stupid concept as the registry in windoze.

go figure.

joe
Steve Orr wrote:

> I performed strings on a control file and didn't find any reference for the
> $ORACLE_HOME directory path. For O8.1.6 is $ORACLE_HOME not maintained in
> the control files?

Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
Performing Remote DBA Services, need some backup DBA support?
For Sale: Oracle-dba.com domain, its not going cheap but feel free to