RE: Move oracle home

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:59:03 -0600

Joe,
Believe me it does bite and bites hard.. I have a fine mess when 8.1.6.2 patch failed for some reason. The OraInventory stuff got modified in $ORACLE_BASE, but the patch was not applied to $ORACLE_HOME contents. Subsequent attempts to re-apply the patch told me that I the said patch is already applied. OWS told me that there is no way to fix OraInventory. Soln is reload 8.1.6. From that day, I copy $ORACLE_BASE and $ORACLE_HOME before applying any patches as well as in our backup process (or making a copy to install on other servers).. Cheers !
- Kirti