Oracle Enterprise Manager, Diagnostic Pack - on NT 4.0 and Oracle 8i

From: Viraj Luthra <viraj999_at_lycos.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 04:49:13 +1000

Hello every one,

I need help here. There are 2 things in which I need help:-

I just installed Oracle 8i on NT 4.0.

  1. I want to use the Diagnostic Pack, but I cannot get into the OEM. Is there any other way I can use this, I know I installed the Diagnostic Pack, as that was being installed when I installed it, but I cannot seem to find in the system.
  2. While logging in the OEM on NOT 4.0,as soon as I want to get into OEM, through the console, I get a login dialog box, and I enter the:-

Login name as : system
Password:
Management Server: local (I am not sure on this one)

I get the following error message:-

" VTK-100: Unable to connect to the management server local. Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server"

Please help as I cannot get into this tool.

Thanks for your help,

Raja

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html Received on Mon Jan 15 2001 - 12:49:13 CST