Name of controlfile trace

From: Louis Avrami <avramil_at_concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:18:57 -0800

Hello all,

I recall reading somewhere that there may be a way to determine the name of the trace file when a control file trace backup is created with the command:

alter database backup controlfile to trace noresetlogs;

I'm scripting a backup process, and I'd like to explictly grab a file and copy it to a backup location. As I said before, I thought I read somewhere that there might be some way to query the database to determine all or part of thetrace file name.

If anyone knows, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou Avrami

Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and Great Ways to Share them with Others! Received on Mon Jan 15 2001 - 12:18:57 CST