Moving SYS.AUD$ unsupported?

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:39:33 -0800

I'm getting ready to set up some auditing and in the past I've routinely moved the SYS.AUD$ out of the system tablespace thinking it was the only data dictionary table move supported by Oracle. But I just stumbled on the following in the 8.1.6 Admin manual:

"Note: Moving the SYS.AUD$ table out of the SYSTEM tablespace is not supported because the Oracle code makes implicit assumptions about the data dictionary tables such as SYS.AUD$, which could cause problems with upgrades and backup/recovery scenarios."

Is this a documentation change reflecting a new Oracle policy? Does anyone know why Oracle made this change? What would be the ramifications of moving the table? Received on Mon Jan 15 2001 - 12:39:33 CST