RE: CAN NOT ALLOCATE LOG,ARCHIVAL REQUIRED error

From: Trivedi, Hitarth <HTrivedi_at_telergy.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:09:20 -0500

If I understand the problem correctly, the message just means that archive process is falling behind the rate at which redo log records are generated. If this is the case then you must be getting this message in separate window (again I am assuming that you have oracle on NT) just as warning and not error stalling import operation. The easiest way is to increase no. of redo log groups.