Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager, Diagnostic Pack - on NT 4.0 and

From: April Sims <simsa_at_acu.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:23:38 -0600

Raja,

>Hello every one,
>
>I need help here. There are 2 things in which I need help:-
>
>I just installed Oracle 8i on NT 4.0.
>
>1. I want to use the Diagnostic Pack, but I cannot get into the OEM. Is
>there any other way I can use this, I know I installed the Diagnostic
>Pack, as that was being installed when I installed it, but I cannot seem
>to find in the system.

OEM is a separate install on NT. You will need to install the Server Portion of the OEM and then set it up using the OEM configuration Assistant.

>2. While logging in the OEM on NOT 4.0,as soon as I want to get into OEM,
>through the console, I get a login dialog box, and I enter the:-
>
>Login name as : system
>Password:
>Management Server: local (I am not sure on this one)
>
>I get the following error message:-

You haven't set up the OEM server yet. You need to run the OEM configuration assistant. You are only running the OEM console which needs to attach to an OEM server. Once you have the server setup then the default username is sysman, oem_temp is the password and the third box is the name or IP address of your OEM server. I would reinstall OEM and check out the install for Management Server Components.

>" VTK-100: Unable to connect to the management server local. Please verify
>that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle
>Management Server"
>
>Please help as I cannot get into this tool.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Raja
>

>Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
>http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html
>--
>--
>Author: Viraj Luthra
> INET: viraj999_at_lycos.com

April Sims  MCSE, CNE	Abilene Christian University
Database Administrator	ACU Box 29005
Information Technology	Abilene, TX 79699
simsa_at_acu.edu	        Vx:(915)674-2681 Fx:674-6724