RE: Ora 3114 error?

From: OLCAY YENILMEZ( EBI Bsk.-Sistem Prog.) <OYENILMEZ_at_THY.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:34:53 +0200

The explanation of 3114 in Oracle error messages book... This may help you...

ORA-03114 not connected to ORACLE
Cause: A call to Oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this happens because a user-written program has not logged on. It may
happen if communication trouble causes a disconnection. In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without
waiting for the client to issue a request. Action: Try again. If the message recurs and the program is user written, check
the program.