RE: ORA-600 with smon crashing the db as soon it is started

From: <sheisey_at_att.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:31:28 +0000

Stephane, You are running into a bug. There seems to be a couple of solutions to this problem. One solution is to use dictionary managed tablespaces. Another solution is DO NOT set compatible=8.1.6. The event 10061 level 10 is another work around. This also seems to be a problem with read only locally managed tablespaces and was fixed by making the tablespace read-write.

Scott