Re: Starting up Oracle with "missing" datafiles

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:22:32 +0100

Charlie,

    I think that something like

       ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '...' OFFLINE DROP; should be issued, which should then enable you to execute

        DROP TABLESPACE ... INCLUDING CONTENTS; But then not only the data but object definitions will be wiped away. Don't know what you have in mind, but if it's to play at 'Darling I have shrunk the prod database' I am not sure that it is the best way. You cannot keep an empty shell to have a downsized test database this way, I am afraid.

Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Corporation