RE: oracle discoverer problem

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:27:25 -0000

Hi Joe,

I don't know for sure but I'll take a guess that Discoverer 3.1.36.6 is not multiple homes compliant on NT.

If this is the case, then what I would do is

1) backup your Oracle registry tree & other stuff
2) Clean your NT machine of Oracle
3) Install Discoverer first - it will go into the default Oracle home, but
you can still give it a OFA name & dir structure if your want. 4) Then install 816

I have used this approach to install 7.3.4 client tools and Oracle 816 on the same machine.
Similar steps had to be followed with earlier Designer versions.

Regards,
Bruce