Re:OFFTOPIC: IOUG and Oracle Corp

From: Siv Chelakkara <Siv.Chelakkara_at_3cc.co.wayne.mi.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:20:52 -0500

I have noticed that it is much better to access the Singapore server = during the day from the US; probably because the local Singapore population=  is not beating up that server at that time.

Siv Chelakkara

>>> <dgoulet_at_vicr.com> 01/12/01 11:51AM >>>
Rich,

    I actually opened a TAR at one point on the performance problem = because it
did concern me & my boss. When talking to OTS last it was suggested to = connect
to support.oracle.com, select metalink, and one of the other mirror = servers that
they have. Seems that the real slow server is in CA.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Jesse; Rich" <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date:       1/12/2001 7:20 AM

So, there I am trying to get to Metalink, which we've paid for in Silver Support. Of course, I can't even bring up "My Headlines". I won't even mention what happens when trying to download patches.

Oracle Corp hasn't listened to me (and countless others) as individuals to get Metalink up to an acceptable level of performance. I'm wondering if IOUG and it's thousands of members as an organization have any pull with = The
Corp to get Metalink beefy.

Anyone?

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com             Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI =
USA

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). --=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 11:20:52 CST