RE: MTS vs. Dedicated connection

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:11:56 +0400

Yes for some purpose you do need Dedicated Connection even if you are using MTS, some of them are:
<<<<
To submit a batch job (for example, when a job can allow little or no idle time for the server process)

To use Enterprise Manager to start up, shut down, or perform media recovery on a database

To use Recovery Manager to back up, restore or recover a database

NOTE: These are exerts from Oracle Manual. HTH,
Rajesh
Author: Nikunj Gupta
  INET: good_dba_at_hotmail.com